Here are the most common questions we get asked. Don’t see what you want to know? Just email us.
Frequently asked questions
What kind of background do I need to have?
If I’m interested in a couple different locations, which one should I apply to?
Can I do more than one major?
How long are the programs?
- Art Direction – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Copywriting – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Design – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Photography – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Account Planning – 3 months (1 quarter)
- Social Media – 3 months (1 quarter)
What is the difference between locations?
Choose the school in the city where you would like to live, explore and study for a year.* Then if they choose, students can participate in the Quarter Away program and experience several other locations where the Miami Ad School has programs. The courses in each location are practically identical and the instructors in each city are all advertising and design professionals at the top of their game.
Different schools do have different majors and languages so make sure you are fluent in the native language. English is the norm at most of the schools and Quarter Away locations, but in Buenos Aires and Mexico City classes are held in Spanish. In Sao Paulo classes are in Portuguese. In Madrid you can learn in Spanish, English or both!
* Students who attend Miami Ad School New York for the art direction or copywriting program stay in New York for the duration of the two year program. They have the opportunity to participate in an internship or agency lab in their 8th quarter.
What time of year should I start?
Boot camps in account planning and social media are offered once a year at most locations. The time of year the boot camp is offered varies by location. Check the APPLY section or contact your admissions advisor for details.
How do I get an application?
Is financial aid available?
Financial aid is available. Click on the school location you are interested in attending to see the type of aid available.
US school locations that offer financial aid: Atlanta, Miami, New York, and San Francisco.
International locations that offer financial aid: Berlin, Hamburg, and Mexico City.
What is Quarter Away?
Miami Ad School New York students, due to NY state regulations, are eligible for one Quarter Away within New York during their 8th quarter.
International students within the United States can intern in agencies outside of the US, participate in Agency Labs, Intern Labs or attend other Miami Ad School locations. International students are not eligible to intern within the US.
Masters students have the opportunity to study or intern for one quarter during their program.
Boot camp students don’t participate in Quarter Away. Sorry guys.
How much is tuition?
- Miami: $4,850 per quarter / $19,400 a year / $38,800 total tuition cost for the 2-year program (8 quarters)
- New York: $4,850 per quarter / $19,400 a year / $38,800 total tuition cost for the 2-year program (8 quarters)
- San Francisco: $4,850 per quarter / $19,400 a year / $38,800 total tuition cost for the 2-year program (8 quarters)
- Atlanta: $4,850 per quarter / $19,400 a year / $38,800 total tuition cost for the 2-year program (8 quarters)
- Hamburg: 2,600€ per quarter / 20,800€ total tuition cost
- Berlin: 2,600€ per quarter / 20,800€ total tuition cost
- Madrid: 2,500€ per quarter / 20,000€ total tuition cost
- Sao Paulo: R$6,248.40 per quarter / R$49,987.20 total tuition cost
- Rio: R$5,952.90 per quarter/ R$47,623.20 total tuition cost
- Mexico City: $33,000MX per quarter / $264,000MX total tuition cost
- Sydney: AUD $4,400 incl. GST per quarter / $35,200 incl. GST total tuition cost
- Buenos Aires: AR$ 22.200 per quarter / AR$ 177.600 total tuition cost
- Mumbai: Rs 1,50,000 per quarter/Rs 12,00,000 total tuition cost (subject to local taxes)
- Toronto: $4,062 CDN per quarter / $32,500 CDN total tuition cost
Can I transfer credits?
What do students do about housing?
Is Miami Ad School @ Portfolio Center accredited?
Should I have health insurance?
What is the academic calendar?
Below dates are for the schools within the United States. Please contact the advisor for the school you would like to attend outside of the US for their specific dates.
2018 Spring Quarter:
- classes start April 2, 2018
- classes end June 8, 2018
2018 Summer Quarter:
- classes start July 2, 2018
- classes end September 7, 2018
2018 Fall Quarter:
- classes start October 1, 2018
- classes end December 7, 2018
2019 Winter Quarter:
- classes start January 2, 2019
- classes end March 8, 2019
2019 Spring Quarter:
- classes start April 1, 2019
- classes end June 7, 2019
2019 Summer Quarter:
- classes start July 1, 2019
- classes end September 6, 2019